Since its founding in 1803, Marlborough has continually evolved from a farming and sawmill community to an upscale suburb of Hartford. Throughout this journey, strategic planning for the future has been conducted with careful preservation and respect of the past. This momentum continues today, with several key initiatives recently completed and several major projects underway. These include:
- New sewer system in the Town center to support business growth and protect the environment.
- Expanded town center green with stone walls, new lighting and sidewalks.
- Expansion and renovation of the Marlborough elementary school
- Construction of a state-of-the-art regional high school and athletic fields
- New senior center
- Continued revitalization and enhancement of the Marlborough village center.
- New 75+ acre business park with ready access to Route 2 focusing on healthcare, light industrial and service industry sectors.
Many of the businesses currently located in Marlborough are owned and operated by local residents. The new business park and village revitalization will offer numerous opportunities for more business owners and employees to enjoy a rich lifestyle on both the business and personal fronts.
Marlborough’s unique blend of location and access, education and employment, culture and lifestyle are the key drivers that cause its 6,100 residents to call it home.