Account Clerk - Karen Migliaro 860-295-6165
The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for the accounting and safekeeping of all Town funds, budget preparation, cash management, debt issuance and financial reporting for the Town of Marlborough. The major functions of the department include:
- Accounting and Analysis - Responsible for preparing monthly financial statements, forecasting revenues and expenditures for all funds.
- Fixed Asset Tracking - Responsible for inventory and fixed asset tracking and depreciation.
- Debt Issuance - Responsible for debt issuance and management and preparing official statements for note and bond sales.
- Grant Oversight - Responsible for grant reimbursement submission.
- Budget Preparation and Implementation - Responsible for assisting the Selectman with the annual budget process and implementation of the approved budget.
- Audit – Responsible for assisting the auditors for the annual financial statements.
- Payroll and Employee Benefits - Responsible for processing payroll and employee benefits.
- Payable Department - Responsible for Issuing purchase orders and paying invoices associated with purchases made on behalf of the Town operations in accordance with town policies.
- Cash Management -Responsible for investment decisions, transferring of funds, monthly reconciliation of bank statements, and reviewing banking systems for any daily issues.